The world of tasty, edible plants includes more than what you can find in the grocery store – some of them are growing right outside your door! If you’re interested in issues of health and sustainability or if you’d enjoy a short themed stroll, this is a class is for you.
- Gain knowledge of edible and medicinal uses of common plants growing in your area
- Sample plants at the classroom location
- Learn to identify poisonous plans and non-edible look-alikes
Rob Speiden will guide this exploration of the wild edible and medicinal plants you can pick to eat, or use to treat the symptoms of common illnesses like colds, sore throats or bee stings.
A professionally presented classroom session will be followed by some time spent outside identifying and sampling (only if you want to) dozens of common plants. Half of the class time will be spent outside so bring appropriate clothing. The class size is limited to 15.
- Target Audience: Outdoor enthusiasts, you
- Class Time: Class will start at 3pm and end at 6pm
- Required material: outdoor clothing and a mug to try a tea we will brew
- Course Fee: $20
- NEXT CLASS:Saturday May 25, 2013 in Christiansburg, Virginia