This course is designed for any person that works or plays off road or off-trail. After a short classroom review, we will spend the majority of the course time outside to maximize facilitated practice of your navigation skills. Participants are welcome to bring any navigation aid such as compass, GPS, or just use the natural indicators learned the day before this class.
- Learn and practice basic and advanced navigation and orienteering skills
- Determine and execute long distance route planning
- Practice with different scale maps, and plot map coordinates
A classroom review session will be followed by the majority of the time spent outside putting the concepts you learn to use. You should bring a compass, but feel free to talk with me before the class to select an appropriate compass for you. I will provide the maps, but bring any that you may have questions about. Most of the class will be spent outside so bring appropriate equipment and be prepared to walk several miles, possibly off trail.
With the class size limited to 10, you will have plenty of one-on-one time with the instructor. Lodging and meals not provided, but local camping areas and hotel information will be provided upon registration.
Target Audience: S.A.R. volunteers, Military operators, Law Enforcement professionals, Outdoor Enthusiasts, Hunters, Hikers, you
Full Day Course
- Class Time : Full Day Course will start at 9am and end at 4pm
- Required material: None (but bring any compass, map or GPS you have questions about - we will supply extras)
- Course Fee: $65
- NEXT CLASS: Sunday September 24, 2017 in Christiansburg, Virginia
Pay for your September 24, 2017 Course now
A Day of Land Navigation