Explore the ancient skill of visually tracking humans (aka man-tracking). “Tracking is the complex application of simplicities”. This course teaches the basic sciences of tracking skills. Ted Andrus, a VDEM SAR Lead Tracking Instructor, will help you learn the principles of Detecting, Interpreting, Recording and Trailing sign of the passage of humans, be they lost, missing or evasive.
- Use tools to identify and record track evidence of a particular individual
- Learn to see difficult tracks and sign in a variety of ground covers
- Understand the science and art of aging tracks and sign
Professionally presented classroom sessions will be followed by the majority of the time spent outside putting the concepts you learn to use. We will have a good time while exploring and practicing track preservation (measure, sketch, photograph and cast), situational awareness, trailing a person, and night tracking. Most of the class will be spent outside, and some at night, so bring appropriate clothing. With the class size limited to 10, you will have plenty of one-on-one time with the instructor. Lodging and meals not provided, but local camping areas and hotel information will be provided upon request or registration.
- Target Audience: S.A.R. volunteers, L.E. professionals, military operators, land owners, Outdoor Enthusiasts, you
- Class Time: Course will start at 9am on both days (Saturday & Sunday) and end at 4pm on both days
- Required equipment: measuring tape, notebook, flashlights, outdoor clothing (camera optional)
- Course Fee: $160
- NEXT CLASS: June 23-24, 2018 in Highland, South Carolina (near Greer, SC)
Secure your seat in the June 23-24, 2018 Course with Ted Andrus now
Basic Human Tracking