Understanding and accurately identifying the myriad tracks and sign found in the wilderness makes us feel more connected to our surroundings. This course picks up where we left off in the Basic Animal Tracking course. Experience in animal tracking is recommended, though not necessarily from this school.
- Clarify animal gait patterns
- Trail animals through the woods
- Discuss ways to distinguish fresh from old tracks/sign
- Additional species identification by track morphology and other signs
- Practice camouflage and awareness skills to maximize opportunity to see animals
Professionally presented classroom sessions will be followed by the majority of the time spent outside putting the concepts you learn to use. Most of the class will be spent outside, and walking off trail. Bring appropriate clothing and be prepared to walk a couple miles off trail each day. With the class size limited to 10, you will have plenty of one-on-one time with the instructor. Lodging and meals not provided, but local camping areas and hotel information will be provided upon registration.
- Target Audience: Outdoor Enthusiasts, Hunters, you
- Class Time: Class will start at 9am on Saturday and end at 4pm on Sunday
- Required equipment: outdoor clothing appropriate for the weather
- Course Fee: $160
- NEXT CLASS: August 22-23, 2015 in Christiansburg, Virginia
Pay for your August 22-23, 2015 Course now
Advanced Animal Tracking